Financial institutions play an important role in the national economy. This sector had to contend with unfavourable macroeconomic circumstances and has to comply to a continuously growing list of regulatory demands. Aside from traditional strategies of strong financial groups, there are many attempts to find new, disruptive concepts, utilising shared economics, social networks and direct service. All of this continuously creates new challenges for the veteran market players.
Grant Thornton helps financial institutions on the Czech and Slovak markets and in other EU countries create strategies and better meet clients’ expectations. We assist banks, insurance companies and security traders in meeting regulatory requirements, we establish risk management systems, help them implement new IT systems and improve the full range of internal processes. Our financial institution experts helped co-found the Club of Financial Directors, the Czech Association of Treasury and the International Banking Retail Council and are members of the Czech association of internal auditors.
We provide consultancy services in the area of banking, financial markets and insurance; in the past we have provided our services to many clients, including the following companies and financial groups: ČSOB, Komerční banka, Moneta Money Bank. Raiffeisenbank, Česká spořitelna, Volksbank, UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, Generali Group, Kooperativa, AKCENTA, Wustenrot – stavební spořitelna, VOLKSBANK Slovensko, Poštová banka, Czech banking association and the Czech Insurance Association.
Grant Thornton offers advisory services and supports financial institutions in the following areas:
- Strategic advisory
- Financial management and financial management processes
- Regulatory, risk and compliance, internal audit
- Optimization of back and front office processes, measurement of work and the implementation of robotic solutions (RPA)
- Reward systems for employees
- Implementation of security system for personal information, support of DPO work and regular audits of the system’s security
- Online sales and marketing, targeted marketing campaigns, segmentation and targeting
- Cross-border tax issues